- Volunteer to raise awareness about waste reduction and recycling by becoming a Master Recycler/Composter
Join fellow waste reduction enthusiasts and become an advocate for the three Rs in your community as a Hennepin County Master Recycler/Composter. Participants in the Master Recycler/Composter program are trained on waste prevention, recycling and composting through an extensive six-week course that features industry experts and field trips. After completing training, participants commit to volunteer 30 hours on projects that reduce waste generation and increase public awareness of recycling and composting opportunities.
Course topics that will be covered include:
- Waste prevention
- Recycling processes
- Alternatives to hazardous household products
- Organics recycling and home composting
- Deconstruction and green building
- Public engagement and the psychology of sustainable behavior
Registration is open for the spring course, which will be held on Wednesday evenings, April 4 to May 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the St. Louis Park City Hall, 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, St. Louis Park. Optional field trips will take place on Friday, April 13 and Friday, April 27.
Visit www.hennepin.us/masterrecyclers for more information, or contact the program coordinator at email@example.com or 612-596-0993.
- Posted: 2/29/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency