- Program Development Intern - Focus: Zero-Waste Events
Date: May - July 2012
Hours: 12-15 hours per week, flexible. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Compensation: Unpaid, bus passes available .
Reports to: Program Development Manager
Eureka Recycling is the only organization in Minnesota that specializes in zero waste. The organization's services, programs, and policy work present solutions to the social, environmental, and health problems caused by wasting. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, based in the Twin Cities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Eureka Recycling's mission is to demonstrate that waste is preventable, not inevitable. Because this mission is realized by any person or group that chooses to prevent waste, Eureka Recycling provides opportunities for everyone to experience firsthand that waste can be prevented.
Eureka Recycling is seeking a self-motivated, flexible, and organized individual to support the research and development of our zero-waste initiatives. This position would include hands on activities to support our zero-waste event program as well as research for this and other zero-waste programs and initiatives. This intern will see first hand how Eureka Recycling works to achieve its mission to reduce waste through entrepreneurial projects that engage the community. This internship is ideal for someone who is interested hands on-work as well as assisting in research and data analysis that supports a waste free tomorrow.
The Program Development Intern will support the zero-waste event program and other zero-waste and composting programs. This will include hands on labor for events including organizing equipment and working at the Living Green Expo, Rock the Garden and other community events that are partnering with Eureka Recycling to work towards zero waste. Work may also participating in waste sorts to identify potential diversion, data analysis of ours and other's findings and work on research to support the event program and other projects of Eureka Recycling.
1. Organize, track, and prepare equipment used at events.
2. Assist in event setup and cleanup, operations, and work with volunteers at events.
3. Assist in event planning including outreach towards event vendors and exhibitors.
4. Support developing the zero-waste event program.
5. Compile and organize detailed lists of regional events.
6. Research national and local zero waste event programs.
7. Organize and analyze data gathered from events.
8. Assist in waste sorts and other tasks as needed to support program development
9. Perform general office duties (data entry, filing, mailings, photocopying, etc.).
10. Assist with research and special projects as assigned.
1. Experience organizing projects and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
2. Ability to research and present information in an organized and concise format.
3. Planning, tracking, and record keeping skills.
4. Ability to interact respectfully with diverse groups of people in a variety of settings.
5. Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
6. Experience working in a team-based environment with the ability to work independently.
7. Interest in the environment and working with community-based organizations and culturally diverse communities.
8. Interest in cutting-edge environmental, recycling, and waste reduction issues.
9. Experience using assorted office machines (copier, fax machine).
10. Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Access) a plus.
Complete application packets (including résumé, cover letter, and required application) will be accepted until position is filled. Once the position has been filled, additional applicants will not be considered. To request the required application, please email email@example.com.
Mariah Neuharth, Human Resources Generalist
Phone: (651) 222-7678
Fax: (612) 623-3277
2828 Kennedy Street NE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY STATEMENT
Eureka Recycling will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicants for employment or internships on the basis of race, creed, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, familial status, age, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or affectional orientation.
- Posted: 4/13/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency