Employment opportunities in EE
- Exhibit Team Staff Member
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
The Aldo Leopold Nature Center in Monona seeks energetic individuals to join its Weekend Exhibit Team. Staff is now being hired to assist with the Center's new public exhibit program on climate change, renewable energy and the environment. Weekend staff will welcome and assist visitors as they explore exhibits, programs and interactive touch-screen exhibits on climate, weather, renewable energy and the environment.
The Nature Center is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting environmental education for schoolchildren, their teachers, and families. In addition to the public exhibit program, it offers programs for schools and the public on sites in Monona and Black Earth, Wisconsin, and organizes Nature Net, a consortium of environmental education providers in southern Wisconsin.
- Exhibit Team Staff Members are committed part-time monthly positions during the Center's public hours. Candidates must be available on the third weekend of each month (10am-5pm Saturday, 11am-5pm Sunday), and some additional special event/holiday weekends - or as needed. The option of increasing hours may be available in the future.
- Position available immediately.
- Compensation: $12.50/hr.
- Opportunities: Gain experience in a "high-tech, high-touch" state-of-the-art facility using a wide range of educational technology, including digital curriculum, theaters, museum exhibits/displays, interpretation and programming, etc., and become familiar with a variety of non-formal educational techniques, curriculum and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff the exhibit floor, run exhibits and provide interpretation for public.
- Manage Admissions, provide information and customer service.
- Assist with exhibit floor procedures and volunteer docent program; manage volunteers.
- Assist with guest speakers, presentations and special events.
- Assist with maintenance and development of a variety of multimedia educational technologies.
- Assist with other administrative and customer service duties, such as front desk, gift shop, membership, etc.
- Opening and closing duties and other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age.
- College degree or some college education preferred.
- Commitment and reliability; ability to manage and direct volunteers.
- Interest in education about the environment, energy, or weather/climate; strong science background or interest preferred.
- Cheerful, positive and open attitude, excellent communication skills, and ability to work with public of all ages.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience working with technology (IT, A/V equipment, etc.); computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.) preferred.
- Reliable transportation to ALNC.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in this position are required to send a cover letter, resume and two references to:
Brenna Holzhauer, Special Assistant to Nature Net and Climate Education Center
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
"Teach the student to see the land, to understand what he sees, and enjoy what he understands." - Aldo Leopold
- Posted: 4/13/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency