- SEEK Newsletter Survey Shows Positive Results
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
Thank you so much to those of you who completed the SEEK Bulletin survey! Your input is invaluable and will help strengthen the newsletter to best meet your needs.
SEEK (www.seek.state.mn.us) stands for Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge and is Minnesota's online home of environmental education (EE). Created in the mid-1990's with funding from the former Legislative Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCMR), the SEEK website was created to be a one-stop-shop for Minnesotans to find environmental education resources.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency provides the staff and technical support for SEEK and is also one of its over 150 SEEK Partners. SEEK Partners are organizations in Minnesota that provide environmental education programs, resources, and/or services. SEEK Partners directly contribute content to the website.
The SEEK Bulletin is SEEK's monthly newsletter and goes out to 500-plus environmental educators. It features the latest EE news, events, and resources from the website. In March 2012, subscribers to the SEEK Bulletin were surveyed so we could learn how we could better serve Minnesota's EE community.
The results from the SEEK Bulletin survey are in - and were overwhelmingly positive!
Highlights from the survey:
- there was a 23 percent response rate - this is a pretty typical rate
- 45 percent of people receiving the SEEK Bulletin identify themselves as educators (formal or non-formal) and 45 percent identify themselves as government employees
- 94.4 percent reported 'always' or 'sometimes' opening the SEEK Bulletin
- those that 'rarely' or 'never' open the SEEK Bulletin reported 'time' as the biggest reason for not opening it
- the frequency (monthly), length of the newsletter, and features in the SEEK Bulletin are spot-on with readers
- the General Resources (39 percent), News (33 percent) and Funding Resources (24 percent) were the three most useful parts of the SEEK Bulletin
- 93.2 percent reported the overall rating of the SEEK Bulletin to be good or very good. 6 percent had no opinion. 0 percent reported poor or very poor.
- 93 percent of SEEK readers have taken action during the last 6 months as a result of reading the SEEK Bulletin!
We were thrilled to learn that there was such a tremendous amount of action being taken as a result of the SEEK Bulletin. This speaks highly about our readers dedication and involvement in the environmental education community!
Respondents said that the following two items would improve the SEEK Bulletin:
1. include more events featured in SEEK's Calendar
2. keep items/entries short
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and/or if you'd like more information.
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Rd N 2nd Floor
St. Paul MN 55155
Phone: 651-757-2700 or 800-657-3864
- Posted: 4/24/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency