Employment opportunities in EE
- Associate Director
Clean Up the River Environment (CURE)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Associate director is responsible for managing the administrative functions of the organization and supporting the Executive Director. The Associate director manages all financial operations, including bookkeeping, payables, payroll, reporting, and budgeting. The Associate Director manages the organization's office property and insurance policies. The Associate Director assists other staff with human resource duties, member relations, grant research and writing, and internal and external communications. Duties include participation in CURE community events and board meetings which often take place in the evening or on weekends.
Financial and Accounting Duties
1. Assist with budget preparation.
2. Make bank deposits.
3. Prepare and process payroll.
4. Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
5. Enter all financial transactions in Quickbooks accounting system.
6. Produce monthly financial reports including profit and loss statement, balance sheet, financial performance vs. budget, and check register.
7. Manage annual audit and tax return preparation.
8. Prepare appropriate financial statements for grant progress reports.
9. Set up cash box for events; record and deposit event proceeds.
Office and Organizational Infrastructure
1. Keep the computer and telephone system up and running, working with appropriate vendors and volunteer support.
2. Review current insurance coverage of the organization and take steps to make sure the organization is sufficiently insured.
3. Manage building maintenance, including cleaning, security, utilities, heating/air conditioning, and other duties as necessary.
4. Oversee budgeting and purchasing of office supplies.
5. Fill in as office greeter/receptionist as needed.
1. Facilitate all employee transitions, including new hires, office systems training, explanation of
benefits, as well as employee exits, including proper benefits documentation and related paperwork.
2. Develop and maintain a Personnel Policies document.
3. Develop and support an employee performance review process and schedule .
4. Maintain current and complete employee personnel files.
1. Assist as needed in writing, producing, and circulating press releases, newsletter articles, event flyers, action alerts, and social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, and blog.)
Membership Support and Foundation Fundraising
1. Assist the Executive Director in researching appropriate foundation funders and drafting grant applications.
2. Prepare financial reports for foundation funders.
3. Fully understand member relations processes and be able to assist the Membership Director with donation data entry and acknowledgement as needed.
EDUCATION: BA degree helpful, not required
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years bookkeeping, accounting and/or office management experience required; experience with non-profit organizations helpful but not required
SKILLS: Strong bookkeeping and financial management skills; excellent writing and communication skills; must be highly proficient in Quickbooks, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and have basic PC maintenance skills.
TEMPERAMENT/SOFT SKILLS: Must have a good sense of humor and an ability to get along with a wide variety of people. Must be comfortable taking initiative but also acting in a supporting role. Must be comfortable working in a small town, in a rural community. Must be quick on your feet and highly flexible. Must be comfortable working in an organization dedicated to protecting natural resources through direct advocacy and community engagement.
No formal supervisory role but may supervise interns or volunteers from time to time.
This is an at-will, salaried, full-time, and exempt position. This position is housed at the CURE office in Montevideo, MN. Casual office environment.
CURE Mission Statement:
The mission of CURE is to focus public awareness on the Minnesota River Watershed and to take action to restore and protect its water quality, biological integrity and natural beauty for all generations.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications for this position, and a resume, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is May 28, 2012.
- Posted: 5/2/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency