Employment opportunities in EE
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP)
Twin Cities, MN
Requisition Number: 177767
The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) is seeking applicants for an engineer position. At this time, we are looking for an engineer with a background in environmental and energy issues as well as manufacturing processes. Knowledge of or experience in Lean manufacturing processes would be a plus.
Required qualifications include a B.A. or B.S. in engineering, problem-solving skills, communication skills, and 1-5 years or more of experience. Additionally, there is in-state travel required with this position as MnTAP assists companies throughout Minnesota. This position qualifies for University of Minnesota benefits and is located at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus.
Important responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing an expertise in manufacturing sectors in order to serve as a resource for Minnesota companies.
- Providing technical assistance to help companies reduce waste, use materials more efficiently, and conserve energy.
- Identifying opportunities through process analysis and providing justifications for proposals to meet the needs of business.
- Delivering pollution prevention and energy efficiency information to businesses in Minnesota.
- Continuing on-going relationships with clients by conducting follow-up to interactions and tracking project implementation.
View the full job description and apply online through the University of Minnesota employment system: http://z.umn.edu/7kn
- Posted: 5/4/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency