Employment opportunities in EE
- Regulatory and Office Assistant I
Rice Creek Watershed District
REPORTS TO: Administrator
The Regulatory and Office Assistant I position is a 50 percent time position (20 hours per week). The position is responsible for providing office and administrative support for District Staff to ensure efficient office operation and fulfillment of administrative elements of the District's permit program. The position duties include a wide variety of tasks associated with scanning and filing as well as investigation and organization of permitting issues. The position provides exposure to the elements of a functioning resource management organization. Work is directed by various office staff.
A. Administrative support of District regulatory program (Priority A).
Provides administrative assistance to RCWD staff to support the District's regulatory program some duties include:
1. Receiving, logging, and distribution of permit applications.
2. Preparation, mailing, and archiving of required notices.
3. Identify and provide timely response/action to internal database alerts.
4. General organization and investigation of regulatory issues.
B. General Administrative Office Duties (Priority B) - Provides assistance in completion of office duties; some duties include:
1. Maintaining District paper and electronic filing system including archival of historic paper documents;
2. Routing mail and phones to appropriate staff; answers general questions. Answering phone calls when Office Manager is not available;
3. Printing, formatting, and assembling reports, agendas, memos and letters; and
4. Providing clerical and administrative efforts as delegated by the Office Manager to provide support for all aspects of District operation such as permit processing and tracking.
C. Other Duties as Assigned (Priority C) - The examples given above are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed and are not necessarily all-inclusive. This position description is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Position salary is $12,600 - 15,750 annually (50 percent position, 20 hours per week with some flexibility within two week pay period) depending on qualifications and experience. This position includes Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) benefits and holidays will be paid pro rata (no vacation, no sick leave time and no health/dental/life insurance).
Applicant needs to have proven experience applicable to professional work; with the ability to interact professionally and positively. The applicant must be proficient with personal computers (PC) including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook email as well as database and internet use; scanning/archival experience a plus. The position requires good communication skills. Please send resume to Theresa Stasica at email@example.com or the above address postmarked no later than July 27, 2012.
Rice Creek Watershed District
4325 Pheasant Ridge Drive
Blaine, MN 55449
- Posted: 7/10/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency