Employment opportunities in EE
- YouthBuild Crew Leader
St. Louis Park, MN
Title: YouthBuild Crew Leader
Reports To: YouthBuild Coordinator
Classification: (1.0 FTE) Full-time, Non-exempt
Supervises: YouthBuild Crew Members
Salary: $12.50 - $14/Hour DOQ
To supervise and teach young adults to rehabilitate and construct housing; and provide training, guidance and mentorship in the improvement of their employment, leadership and relational skills while ensuring the safe and timely completion of projects.
1. Train, coordinate and supervise a diverse crew of young adults, ages 17 - 24, in housing construction and remodeling.
2. Establish and maintain a safe worksite environment
3. Maintain clean worksite, tools and equipment, and keep appropriate staff updated on equipment and project needs.
4. Demonstrate a respect of and belief in crew members by developing supportive relationships, serving as a positive role model and promoting individual growth.
5. Enforce program policies and take disciplinary action while maintaining established rapport, motivation and enforcement of high expectations.
6. Complete and maintain documentation of daily events, including attendance, disciplinary action, youth progress evaluation and worksite project data.
7. Develop, facilitate and assist in on-site and classroom-based employment, educational and leadership trainings.
8. Work collaboratively with other staff to assist crew in meeting goals, including achievement of high school diploma or equivalent, preparedness for future education and employment, and recognition and utilization of personal goals, abilities and resources.
9. Participate in service learning, recognition activities and staff meetings, as required.
10. Transport youth, tools and equipment between worksites with personal vehicle.
11. Adhere to and fulfill program funding requirements.
12. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess:
1. Associates degree and a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. 1-2 years experience assisting youth with diverse backgrounds in reorienting their lives and developing a variety of personal and professional skills. Experience with strength-based assessment preferred.
3. Energy, flexibility, positive outlook, and a commitment to youth development.
4. Ability to promote individual growth in youth from diverse backgrounds with varying abilities.
5. Basic knowledge of and experience with housing construction techniques.
6. Supervisory experience.
7. Valid MN driver's license and clean driving record.
8. Reliable personal vehicle and valid insurance.
9. Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
1. Ability to sit, stand, bend, twist, and carry heavy objects.
2. Ability to work in various types of environmental conditions.
Tree Trust offers a competitive benefits package.
Tree Trust is an AA/EEO employer. All qualified candidates encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is July 31, 2012.
For more information and to apply visit http://www.treetrust.org/get-involved/work/index.html or contact
Karly Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
2231 Edgewood Avenue South
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Posted: 7/17/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency