Employment opportunities in EE
- Fresh Start Crew Leader
St. Louis Park, MN
Title: Fresh Start Crew Leader
Reports To: YACC Site Supervisor & YACC Crew Development Supervisor
Classification: (1.0 FTE) Full-time, Non-Exempt
Supervises: Crew of 8 young adults involved in the juvenile justice system
Salary: $11 - $13/hour DOQ
Supervise and motivate 8 young adults, ages 18-21 and involved in the juvenile justice system, in a safe, educational, and professional manner. Projects may include landscape construction, tree care and planting, invasive species and diseased tree removal, lawn care and a variety of seasonal projects.
1. Provide guidance, support, and assistance to 8 crewmembers, to insure quality work performance, safety, and the general well-being of the crew and individuals
2. Organize work projects for the crew in conjunction with the site supervisor and supporting staff, including forester and program coordinator
3. Maintain tool and material inventory and order materials when necessary
4. Operate, clean, and maintain equipment and report any damaged equipment to site supervisor
5. Accomplish work goals to the satisfaction of the sponsors and project proposals
6. Maintain accurate paperwork: crew payroll time sheets, incident reports, receipts, crew member development, and projects records
7. Complete and submit required reports and other paperwork in a timely manner
8. Implement fair and appropriate discipline of crew members based on handbook
9. Assure implementation of education and service learning components
10. Assist with the recruitment of crew members when possible
11. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience AND a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience
2. 1-2 years previous leadership experience, skills, or training in working with at-risk young adults
3. Technical skills in landscape construction, conservation, chainsaw operation and tree felling
4. Ability to successfully communicate with, motivate, and constructively discipline young adults
5. Calm decision making ability in intense situations
6. Ability to work outside in all types of weather
7. Valid MN driver's license with clean driving record
1. 1-2 years experience working with youth involved in the juvenile justice system.
Physical Requirements Include:
The ability to stand for long periods of time, sit, twist, bend, grip and lift and carry heavy objects up to 75 lbs.
Starting this Fall, Employment Action Center has hired Tree Trust as a subcontractor to provide job training similar to the training provided in our Young Adult Conservation Corps program, but specifically for 18-21 year olds who are involved in the juvenile justice system. The person filling this position is expected to work 40 hours a week, M-Thu. (10 hours/day). This position is funded by a two-year grant.
Tree Trust offers a competitive benefits package.
Tree Trust is an AA/EEO employer. All qualified candidates encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is July 31, 2012.
For more information and to apply visit http://www.treetrust.org/get-involved/work/index.html or contact Karly Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
2231 Edgewood Avenue South
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Posted: 7/17/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency