Employment opportunities in EE
- Information Officer 3 - Invasive Species Info Officer
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
St. Paul, MN
$ 19.33-$ 28.35 hourly, $ 40,361-$ 59,195 annually
Closing Date: 07/30/2012
Working Title: Invasive Species Info Officer
Hiring Agency: Natural Resources Dept
Division/Bureau: Eco & Water Resources
Location: St. Paul
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Posting Number: 12DNR000528
Employment Conditions: Permanent, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-04:30 PM
Travel Required: no
Job Grouping: General Administration
Classified Status: Classified
This position exists to develop and implement an invasive species information and education program under the administrative direction of the Invasive Species Unit Supervisor. This position coordinates agency-wide AIS communication initiatives, provides leadership, strategic direction and overall guidance on communications and education issues on Invasive Species.
- Develop, direct, and maintain an invasive species communications/information program.
- Coordinate and manage invasive species media initiatives statewide.
- Establish, direct and maintain communications and outreach with stakeholder groups and local units of government.
- Develop invasive species communications and outreach messages and materials.
- Coordinate and manage participation in shows and expos.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communication, public relations, english, or related field and a minimum of two years experience reporting, editing, writing and design skills.
- Working knowledge of environmental journalism, desktop publishing, Web editing, and printing procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of journalistic principles, practices, and techniques as related to the planning, composing, and editing of various publications
- Excellent verbal communications skills to clearly articulate agency?s policies and activities to stakeholders, media, and local units of government in the region.
- Ability to master emerging technologies in areas related to publications, social media, and the Internet.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Teamwork, team building, and leadership skills.
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailers as long as the gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds.
- Three or more years of professional media experience as a reporter, editor or media producer, and/or public affairs or public relations specialist.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coordinating, implementing, or leading successful media relations, external communications, or outreach programs.
- Experience with Web and social media design, content, or development used to reach out to target audiences as well as nontraditional and new constituencies.
- Knowledge of invasive species impacts and laws
- Knowledge of environmental and water resource issues
- Knowledge of DNR goals, policies and procedures
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
Effective July 1, 2009, new legislation provides that the top five "Recently Separated Veterans" who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy be granted an interview. To qualify as a Recently Separated Veteran, you must meet all of the following criteria.
-have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States;
-have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty OR have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty;
-be a United States citizen or resident alien;
-have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001, as shown on your form DD-214.
You must meet ALL of the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for this position and ALL of the ABOVE CRITERIA for a "Recently Separated Veteran". It is your responsibility to submit a copy of your form DD-214 by the closing date of the posting to email@example.com or fax 651-296-6494. Failure to submit the form DD-214 will affect your consideration for an interview under the terms of the new legislation.
PLEASE NOTE that all vacancies are filled in accord with applicable union contract provisions. We must meet our contractual obligations prior to considering "Recently Separated Veterans" and other applicants.
How to Apply:
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State's selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
Contact for More Information:
Jim Japs, (651) firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/JobPosting/f98a7ea7063d5107fde2bd1c0990f361/View
- Posted: 7/19/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency