Employment opportunities in EE
- Safety and Health Officer 2
Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC)
$ 20.02-$ 28.35 hourly, $ 41,802-$ 59,195 annually
Closing Date: 08/07/2012
Working Title: Safety and Health Officer
Hiring Agency: MN St Colleges & Universities
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Posting Number: 12MNSC000445
Employment Conditions: Permanent, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-04:30 PM
Travel Required: no
Job Grouping: Const Facil Maint Mfg & Trans
Classified Status: Classified
This position will plan and promote a positive, campus-wide attitude of safety excellence. This position is responsible for the development and leadership of Safety, Environmental Health and Risk Management at Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC). This position is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of students, employees and visitors to the campus; providing coordination in developing, implementing, and directing campus-wide safety policies, procedures and programs to reduce loss and liability to the College; managing the related activities and comprehensive policies on safety and environmental affairs; minimizing worker's compensation risk; and ensuring conformance with standards set forth by the federal, state and local governments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, or closely-related field.
- Three years of experience in a Safety or Environmental Health related position.
- Advanced knowledge of current federal, state, county, and industry guidelines in collecting, handling, shipping, record-keeping, and disposal of hazardous waste sufficient to create and implement immediately any essential policy or document to ensure the College is in compliance with any MPCA stipulation agreements.
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental principles of modern safety analysis, and the devices and procedures which minimize working hazards, specifically OSHA sufficient to identify any deficiencies in College safety conditions and immediately develop training programs to remedy any deficiency.
- Strong communication interpersonal skills in order to establish effective working relationships with Regulatory Bodies, System Office personnel, management, employees, and external stakeholders such as the capability of presenting complex technical compliance to all levels of comprehension or capability of training non-technical individuals how to meet technical requirements
- Ability to initiate action and render decisions quickly in emergency situations to ensure protection of people and property.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft applications and database applications sufficient to create, store, retrieve safety data from MnSCU administrative system and other computer programs so assist college in meeting necessary reporting obligations.
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Able to stoop, kneel, push, pull, climb a ladder, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Master's degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, or closely-related field.
- Knowledge of MnSCU and College policies and procedures.
- One year providing leadership in Safety or Environmental Health related position.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply: Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State's selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
NOTICE: Applications will only be accepted until the closing date indicated on this job announcement. Job applications received after 11:59 pm on the last date of this announcement period cannot be considered.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact for More Information:
Katie Rudolph, email@example.com or visit https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/JobPosting/c6a2141a2a191e833da13292ab012291/View
- Posted: 7/26/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency