Employment opportunities in EE
- Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
St. Paul, MN
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM typical
Benefits: Health and dental insurance; paid time off; retirement plan
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa provides hands-on environmental stewardship and service-learning opportunities to youth and young adults while accomplishing priority cost-effective conservation, natural resource management projects and emergency response work.
The Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator will focus on all stages of recruiting AmeriCorps members including: developing applications and recruitment materials for outreach; updating the Conservation Corps website; managing the web-based applicant tracking system; posting service opportunities; reviewing and processing applications; conducting interviews; and using social media to connect with potential recruits, program alumni and community organizations. The Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for applicants interested in AmeriCorps positions. This position will work in cooperation with hiring managers from multiple programs to help standardize and unify recruitment efforts for all Conservation Corps AmeriCorps positions.
In addition, the Recruitment Coordinator will assist program staff in administrative duties and program coordination including Corpsmember orientation and training, AmeriCorps member enrollment, and tracking and reporting as needed.
Recruitment: Coordinate multi-program recruitment for AmeriCorps Members (ages 18-25)
- Develop and update position descriptions, interview questions and applications
- Develop, maintain and distribute recruitment materials including fliers, banners and table displays in cooperation with the Development Department
- Assist with website development and maintenance in cooperation with the Development Department
- Develop and maintain web-based applicant tracking system
- Field position inquiries, responding to all potential or current applicant inquiries
- Process incoming applications and follow-up on incomplete applications
- Attend job fairs and outreach events
- Develop recruitment partners (schools, nonprofits, public agencies, etc.)
- Manage online and print postings for position openings
- Coordinate statewide recruitment effort, facilitating communication between hiring managers
- Manage member enrollment in database
- Conduct initial candidate screening pre-interview as appropriate
- Assist with interviews and hiring as needed
- Complete criminal history checks and FBI fingerprints
- Send out rejection and acceptance letters
- Develop application statistics and demographics reports
Recruitment efforts will be completed in coordination with Program Staff, with the Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator serving as the primary contact for external AmeriCorps candidates. The Coordinator may also be involved in drafting position descriptions and posting for Conservation Corps staff positions as needed.
Recruitment timetable and corresponding responsibilities:
- AmeriCorps Field Program Crew Members and Leaders (recruit September - January): outreach, website updates, position description development, posting, application processing, coordination with regional hiring managers, criminal history checks, etc.
[165 positions in crews throughout MN & IA]
- Youth Outdoors Program Crew Members and Leaders (recruit September - January): outreach, website updates, position description development, posting, application processing, interviewing, criminal history checks and FBI fingerprinting, etc.
[17 positions in the Twin Cities]
- Single Placement AmeriCorps Specialists (recruit September - January): outreach, website updates, position description development, posting, application processing, criminal history checks, etc.
[12 positions placed throughout MN, IA and ND]
- Summer Youth Corps Youth Leaders (recruit March - April): outreach, website updates, position description development, posting, application processing, criminal history checks and FBI fingerprinting, etc.
[26 positions based at camp in central MN]
- Seasonal Single Placement Programs (recruit March - May): outreach, website updates, position description development, posting, application processing, interviewing, criminal history checks, etc. [24 positions placed throughout MN ]
Social Media and Outreach:
- Assist with digital/social media development and maintenance of Corps presence on facebook, tumblr, twitter, LinkedIn, Yammer, etc.
- Develop new recruitment partners including professors, universities, community groups, etc.
- Engage Corps alumni through outreach, Alumni Association communications and events
- Help manage hiring materials and personnel files for program participants including youth and AmeriCorps members
- Assist with AmeriCorps member enrollment and exit
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and conference calls
- Assist in planning and implementing program orientations, corps-wide training and other events
- Assist program staff with project development, planning or other logistics as needed
While this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All positions at the Corps may require duties outside of normal responsibilities.
- This is a regular, full-time (40 hour/week), hourly position
- The position includes health and dental insurance, paid time off and a 401(k) retirement savings plan
Application Deadline: July 30, 2012
Submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (electronic submission only)
Contact Candice McElroy at 651.209.9900 x 24 with questions.
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
60 Plato Blvd E Ste 210
Saint Paul MN 55107
- Posted: 7/26/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency