Employment opportunities in EE
- Research Scientist 3 , Health (Comm. Initiatives Evaluator)
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Saint Paul, MN
$ 25.51-$ 37.93 hourly, $ 53,265-$ 79,198 annually
Closing Date: 08/23/2012
Working Title: Comm. Initiatives Evaluator
Hiring Agency: Health Department
Division/Bureau: OSHII/Communication & Eval
Location: Golden Rule Bldg, St. Paul
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Posting Number: 12HEAL000041
Employment Conditions: Permanent, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-04:30 PM
Travel Required: no
Job Grouping: General Administration
Classified Status: Classified
This position is located in the Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives (OSHII), Communication and Evaluation Unit.
This position exists to plan, design, implement, analyze, interpret and report on assessment, evaluation and surveillance research activities relevant to Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives (OSHII). This position also advises OSHII evaluation and research staff on research procedures and methodology to ensure appropriate research design, statistical analysis and reporting of data. Key activities include planning, designing, and carrying out research and evaluation activities to assess the impact of the Statewide Health Improvement Program (SHIP) and the Community Transformation Grant (CTG). Research and evaluation activities focus on measuring changes in policies, systems and environments and behavior risk factor, chronic disease and health care cost data. The position leads department researchers, epidemiologists and evaluators and other partners in preparing research reports for publication and sharing research and program evaluation results with key stakeholders and the public.
Master's degree in one of the behavioral or social sciences, public health, neuropsychology, epidemiology, health services research or closely-related field;
Three (3) years professional experience in designing, planning, organizing, implementing, directing or evaluating data-related projects and including, but not limited to, needs assessments, program evaluation, research studies using primary or secondary database linkage efforts, data analysis and interpretation, management information systems or data collection and monitoring systems in health-related programs.
A PhD in one of the above areas will substitute for one (1) year of professional experience.
Ability to conceive, organize and carry out research projects independently.
Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
- Master's degree in public health, education or other related field (addressing public health research, epidemiology, statistics, program evaluation or other related field).
- Ability to effectively plan, design, implement and report on evaluation research and surveillance studies.
- Ability to identify and evaluate scientific literature, synthesize relevant information, and make recommendations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret program evaluation data, present evaluation and research results clearly and effectively in writing and effectively organize and synthesize material from diverse sources into comprehensive reports for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to facilitate and lead departmental and external task forces, advisory committees and planning groups, with diverse stakeholders, to facilitate decision-making and achieve consensus on controversial issues.
- Ability to work independently on large projects and to manage time, workload, and priorities without day-to-day supervision of activities.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. All applicants who apply to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
How to Apply:
This vacancy is open to OPEN COMPETITIVE (all qualified job seekers). If you are interested in being considered for this position, please do one of the following by the closing date:
1) Submit your resume through the on-line Resume Builder at http://www.careers.state.mn.us/. You may copy and paste your existing resume or let the software create a resume for you. After you?ve completed your on-line resume, apply directly to this job posting (#12HEAL000041) by checking the "Apply for This Job" box and then clicking the "Apply to Selected Jobs" box at the bottom of the posting.
2) If you are unable to apply on-line via Resume Builder, submit your resume and a completed State of Minnesota Employment Application form to: Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB), 200 Centennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. Please include this job posting number (#12HEAL000041) on your application. The paper application is available on the MMB website at http://www.careers.state.mn.us/ or by calling 651-259-3637.
Recently Separated Veterans (RSV) - Effective July 1, 2009, legislation provides that the top five RSV applicants who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy be granted an interview. To qualify as a RSV, you must meet all of the following criteria: 1) have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States; 2) have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty or have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty; 3) be a United States citizen or resident alien; and 4) have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001, as shown on your DD-214 form. To be considered under this legislation, you must: 1) meet all of the Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting; 2) meet all of the above RSV criteria; and 3) submit a copy of your DD-214 form by the closing date to email@example.com or fax to 651-201-5779. Failure to submit your DD-214 form will affect your consideration for an interview under the terms of this legislation. Note that all vacancies will be filled in accordance with applicable union contract (OR PLAN) provisions.
Current State Employees: Please note that employment provisions (including but not limited to seniority and leave accrual) vary among the three branches of Minnesota State government. When considering a job with another branch of state government, you are highly encouraged to explore these differences. For assistance, please direct questions to your current or anticipated Human Resources office.
Contact for More Information:
Michelle Larson, (651) 201-4564 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/JobPosting/715f288af478c9ae52662d072cbfbff8/View
- Posted: 8/7/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency