Employment opportunities in EE
- Natural Resources Program Coordinator, Exotic Species
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
Saint Paul, MN
$ 22.18-$ 32.69 hourly, $ 46,312-$ 68,257 annually
Closing Date: 08/31/2012
Working Title: Invasive Species Training Coor
Hiring Agency: Natural Resources Dept
Division/Bureau: Ecological and Water Resources
Location: St. Paul
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Posting Number: 12DNR000576
Employment Conditions: Permanent, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday , 08:00 AM-04:30 PM
Travel Required: yes
Job Grouping: Environmental Sciences
Classified Status: Classified
The position exists to provide leadership and coordination to develop and implement statewide training and permitting of aquatic invasive species programs, both required and voluntary.
- Bachelor's Degree in ecology, botany, plant ecology, conservation biology, or related field.
- Considerable knowledge in ecology and/or invasive species, conservation and management of natural resources.
- Knowledge of harmful invasive species, pathways of spread.
- Experience in planning, visioning, team-building.
- Experience with teamwork.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with project management.
- Must have technical (biological and legal), administrative, and human relations skills.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, sufficient to create positive relationships with external and internal customers, to gather data, as well as sharing information.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with GPS equipment and GIS applications such as ArcGIS.
Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
- Master's Degree
- Training or Adult education experience.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
How to Apply:
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their resumes to the database through the online Resume Builder at <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/>. Search for posting #12DNR000576. You may copy and paste your existing resume or let the software create a resume for you. You may edit your resume later should your contact information or experience change. You may apply by checking the Apply For This Job box found near the bottom of this announcement.
OR, If you wish to apply with a paper copy, submit your resume AND a completed State of Minnesota Employment Application form to: Minnesota Management Budget (MMB), 400 Centennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. Be sure to indicate the posting number of this job (12DNR000576) on your application. The paper application is available on the State Employment Web and MMB web sites, at any state agency HR office, or by calling 651-259-3637.
RECENTLY SEPARATED VETERANS
Effective July 1, 2009, new legislation provides that the top five "Recently Separated Veterans" who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy be granted an interview. To qualify as a Recently Separated Veteran, you must meet all of the following criteria.
-Have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States;
-Have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty OR have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty;
-Be a United States citizen or resident alien; and
-Have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001, as shown on your form DD-214.
To be considered for this position under the terms of this legislation you must:
1) Be a current employee of the MN Department of Natural Resources;
2) Meet all of the Minimum Qualifications for this position identified above; and
3) Meet all of the above criteria for a "Recently Separated Veteran". Please note that it is your responsibility to submit a copy of your form DD-214 by the closing date of the posting to Deneen Clemons, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by FAX, to 651.296.6494. Failure to submit your form DD-214 by the closing date will affect your consideration for an interview under the terms of the new legislation.
PLEASE NOTE that all vacancies are filled in accord with applicable union contract provisions. We must meet our contractual obligations prior to considering ?Recently Separated Veterans? and other applicants.
Contact for More Information:
Ann Pierce, 651/259-5119 or email@example.com of visit https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/JobPosting/b40abe4b4c5f0c0ca0e3006fa06cbf8a/View
- Posted: 8/21/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency