- Green Partners Environmental Education Program Request for Proposal Released - Deadline: Nov 16th, Informational Meeting Sept 25th
Hennepin County is pleased to announce the release of the Fall 2012 Green Partners Environmental Education Program Request for Proposal. Hennepin County seeks to fund three to five Branch projects and seven to twelve Root projects to motivate behaviors that protect our environment.
The Green Partners Program supports organizations to actively educate and engage Hennepin County residents in making positive environmental changes in their daily lives by:
- Inspiring individuals in their communities to reduce waste, recycle, reduce toxicity, conserve energy and/or protect water resources;
- Collaborating with Hennepin County and peer organizations on environmental education;
- Connecting with free environmental resources, trainings and networking opportunities offered by Hennepin County; and
- Engaging in a group -- Seed, Root, or Branch -- that best supports their organization
The Green Partners Program consists of three groups with varying levels of support and requirements. Eligible organizations include non-profit organizations, community and youth groups, multicultural organizations, congregations, private and public schools, and park districts.
Seed Group: Receive free field trip transportation and activity supplies.
Root Group: Receive up to $8,000 to implement a project based on existing resources.
Branch Group: Receive up to $15,000 to implement an innovative project.
- Root and Branch Proposals due at noon on November 16, 2012. Find the RFP and application instructions at www.hennepin.us/greenpartners.
- Seed Action Plans are accepted anytime.
Hennepin County anticipates announcing the Green Partners awards by March 2013.
Green Partners Networking and Information meeting to learn more about the program, the county's expectations and for application advice, come to the Green Partners information meeting!
When: Tuesday, September 25
Where: St. Louis Park City Hall, Community Room
5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
For more information
If you plan to apply, you are strongly encouraged to discuss project ideas with the Green Partners Program Manager:
Hennepin County Environmental Services
Green Partners Program Manager
- Posted: 9/18/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency