- Green Schools Workshops Presented by the Minnesota Department of Education
Minnesota Department of Education
These free workshops, presented by the Minnesota Department of Education, will provide resources and networking for K-12 administrators, staff, teachers and anyone else interested in making schools more healthy, efficient, and effective. You will see, first-hand, the benefits of green schools and learn about resources available in the areas of green buildings and energy, health and safety, and environmental education.
Workshops will be held at Minnesota's 2012 Green Ribbon Schools National Award Winners:
- Monday, October 29: St. Joseph - Kennedy Community School
- Monday, November 5: West St. Paul - Garlough Environmental Magnet School
- Wednesday, November 28: Duluth - North Shore Community School
See first-hand the benefits of green schools and learn about resources available in the areas of green buildings and energy, health and safety and environmental education.
Cost: Free. Clock hour certificates available.
Designed for school teachers, administrators, school business officials, buildings and grounds staff, school board members, informal educators, environmental groups, parent and community volunteers, legislators and local officials and anyone else that has an interest in making their school more green.
Delivered by green school experts, participants in the workshops will:
- identify ideas, resources, mentors and support in their efforts to implement green school initiatives
- learn about the Green Ribbon Schools (GRS) program, including the benefits of green schools and the three pillars of the program: Pillar One - Reduce environmental impacts and costs, Pillar Two - Improve the health and wellness of students and staff, and Pillar Three - Provide effective environmental and sustainability education
- see Minnesota's 2012 Green Ribbon Schools National Winners and hear from staff and students
The following agenda is planned for each workshop:
- 3 p.m. - Registration and exhibits open
- 3:30 p.m. - Welcome and Overview of Green Schools - GRS process and pillars, hear from 2012 GRS national winners
- 4 p.m. - Break-out sessions and school tours
- 5 p.m. - Exhibits and networking
- 6 p.m. - The End
Please register by sending an e-mail to Terry Alvarado at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Date and location of workshop attending, name of participant, school, position, e-mail and phone number.
For more information, please contact Jeff Ledermann at email@example.com or 651-582-8602 or visit http://www.minnesotaee.org/greenschools.
- Posted: 10/12/12
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency