BAELN Event On-Road Cycling Corridors, biking beyond trails
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2012 DIY-DIB. Do it yourself. Do it better.
On-Road Cycling Corridors, biking beyond trails
Thursday, September 20, 2012, from 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Free. All are invited.
Held at the MN Pollution Control Agency, 7678 College Road, Suite 105, Baxter/Brainerd
Riding your bike for your health and the health of the environment is a great thing to do. If you'd like to ride your bike more, but aren't sure if you feel safe or confident in finding routes that work for you, you may be interested in on-road cycling corridors. Todd Holman will walk us through a local grassroots effort to establish on-road cycling corridors in Brainerd, Baxter and Crow Wing County. Start-up, vision, technical input, maps and process will be highlighted with desired future outcomes to include safer cycling mode travel in the lakes area.
If you have questions concerning this presentation, please contact Todd Holman at 218-575-3032or tholman@TNC.ORG.
It's the 10th season of BAELN, the Brainerd Area Environmental Learning Network, and in this season we're highlighting topics and skills all of us can do, and do better, to make the environment and our communities vibrant places to live, work and play.
BAELN events are usually held on the third Thursday of the month from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Events include a 40 minute presentation, followed by questions and discussion with plenty of time for networking and refreshments.
The Brainerd Area Environmental Learning Network (BAELN) offers environmental professionals and community members free professional development and timely information on environmental and sustainability issues. BAELN is a collaborative effort of: Central Lakes College, Central Regional Sustainable Development Partnership, Crow Wing Soil and Water Conservation District, Envision Minnesota, Initiative Foundation, MN Department of Natural Resources, MN Department of Transportation, MN Pollution Control Agency, The Nature Conservancy, and University of Minnesota Extension.
If you would like to be on the BAELN email list or for general information on BAELN, please contact Stephen Mikkelson at 218-316-3887, toll free at 1-800-657-3864 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Season 10's events include:
* September 20: On-Road Cycling Corridors, biking beyond trails
* October 25*: You shoot! you edit1YouTube! - videography made easy
* November 15: The science of brewing for fun and profit
* December 20: What is the Minnesota State Grain? DIY Wild Rice
* January 17: How to plan for and get the most enjoyment out of a trip to the BWCA & Quetico
* February 21: Underwater photography - the world below
* March 21: Everybody's doing it - getting people involved
* April 18: Strategies for engaging youth in nature
* May 16: Mountain Bike Park as an Economic Development Driver - lessons from Barre, VT
* June 20: Buying and cooking healthy, local foods
DIY-DIB: Do it yourself. Do it better.
Privacy Statement | SEEK is a program of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency